Licensed dentists shall earn a minimum of 25 contact hours of qualifying continuing education every two years. Of those 25 CE hours, five hours must be mandatory topics. In the list below, the first two topics are REQUIRED every two years. The remaining three hours of mandatory CE can be any of the other topics listed. The remaining 20 hours can be any combination of elective credits offered by an approved provider in areas related to the licensee’s practice and reflect the professional needs of the licensee in order to meet the health care needs of the public. Internet-based, online and other distance learning opportunities are acceptable.
Topics marked with a * are included in this year’s Annual Meeting program.
- Required: Infection Control in a Dental Setting*
- Required: Prescribing Controlled Substances and Pain Management*
- Diagnostic Technology*
- Mental Health Conditions Common to Veterans*
- Access to Care
- HIPAA Compliance
- Sexual Assault and Domestic Abuse
- Record Keeping/Risk Management*
- Cultural Competence*
- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office*
(including current training in CPR)